Saturday, February 22, 2014

Revisions to Project 1a



For my revision of Project 1a, I chose to focus on following critiques in the interest of time:

1. Splitting the lens
2. Remodeling the top of the camera
3. Creating more rounded edges on the side and back of the handle
4. Connecting the surfaces seamlessly
5. Eliminating straight edges where curved geometry was needed
6. Adding more sections/plans for lofting





I tried the Fillet command to smooth between surfaces.  Sometimes it did not fully extend the length of both surface though, any ideas why?


Splitting the lens

Creating sections  for the curved top of the camera.  I then lofted these together as opposed to utilizing the Drape tool int he previous iteration.  


For the rear portion of the camera, I modeled the sections of the edge and rotated them to create a curved edge, followed by a Loft.










  I do like how the rounded edged turned out with the lofting of the rotated sections, looks significantly more realistic.  In the rendered view, I still see some disconnects between edges.  Where I created a surface to mitigate the gap between the top loft and the side, it looks like a hard edge.  Is there some kind of Smooth tool?  Similar to what Lori was using in 3D Max?

For project 1b, I will focus on the back piece I show above.




2 comments:

  1. Marissa, try using the "Rebuild" option in rhino on your surface. This will allow you to alter the U and the V. The lower these numbers the harder the surface, the higher they are the smoother the surface becomes. Be careful not to bring them too high though because that could ruin the form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also try the merge tool. When I was giving my mouse another shot, I would make separate surfaces and join them all, but they didn't actually lose their hard joining edge until I tried merge.

    ReplyDelete