Sunday, February 23, 2014

Proj1b_Images Martrical Analysis



I chose to manipulate the lines in the back surface of the camera. The perspective below shows the modeling space in which in line describes a different distortion.   I chose to start always with the original surface (on left) to show different manipulations from a similar starting point.  By rebuilder the surface and adding more control points, I manually dragged the points to skew the surface in plan, perspective, and elevation.  I started by selecting multiple points, then in my efforts for more flexibility in shape, began to drag singular control points.  









A closer view at a select row of manipulations. 





In the elevations below, the pieces on the far right are the original surfaces; they become more intricately distorted as they move to the left.  To better articulate my exploration of manipulations in various directions, I provided wire frame and shaded views for the surfaces.   













I find the plans helpful because they describe how the surface was pushed and pulled from the front and back.  It was  easiest to manipulate the points and lines from this view.  I find these images to be more evocative than the elevations as they show more movement in the lines and surfaces.  Some of the elevations appear deceiving as they do not show as much divergence as the plans.    





No comments:

Post a Comment