Monday, May 12, 2014

Surface Construction form Grasshopper

Concept: create a curved surface derived from previous 2b model and create components within the surface that change based on attractor points.  I started by building a curved surface with control points in rhino.  I attempted this in grasshopper but failed to loft the curved lines.  




I constructed a code that broke up the surface into U & V geometry.  Then found the area of each component and used that to find the center point.  Then I extruded the components, changed their size, and lofted the grids.  After constructing the attractor points, I linked the original surface to change the loft sizes based on the points.  The second and final attractor point variation I tried was to change the extrusion based on how close the point was to the surface.  I did this by linking the points to the amplitude.  Also, I was struggling with how not to move the attractor points manually and create sliders in grasshopper to change the geometry.  This is not shown, however, I was able to link sliders in the X,Y, & Z direction to the points.  








No comments:

Post a Comment